Sunday, October 8, 2017

Orphan block

A while ago I made a paper pieced pattern of a space shuttle for my son.  Somewhere in the process I ended up making two shuttles, and one just sat in my random scrap box for a while.  Then it at least got moved onto a list of things to finish.  Then this past January I acquired a zipper for it.  And finally, after a long, long wait, I finished it.

It's just a simple zipper pouch.  The boy I sent it to loves all things space.  (I'll admit, I kind of expect him to say something like, "the planets don't look like that" or "during lift off, which the fuel is burning, the shuttle goes straight up".  But hopefully it'll be close enough.)



I lined it with some cartoony space/robot fabric.  It still fits the theme.

I always forget how quickly zips go together until I make one.  I probably find a new pattern for each one, but for this one I used this lovely tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!