Monday, December 26, 2016

2017 goals

Goal time.  It's fun to think about goals.

I took a look at last year's goals and am happy to say that I most hit all of them.  The first one says that I wanted to average 15 WIPs and I really just got down to 15 WIPs, but I'm still going to call it a win.  (I also have some ideas floating around that I want to put on the January list, so I'll never see a list with 15.  But right now there are only 15.)

Those small goals were good for me, but I'll admit I only really worked hard on the first one.  The others just came as a matter of course.  The goals for this coming year seem a bit bigger, as in I will need to think about them just a bit more, but will still be very manageable.

1. Get the WIP list down to 11.

2. Enter a quilt in a challenge or contest using one of my own designs.

3. Doodle quilting motifs from the AQS doodle a day...I'm not going to try for a certain number, but let's go with more than 12.  Twelve out of 365...ambitious, right?

4. Do a thorough cleaning at least once.  I tend to keep my areas messy but just shy of terrible, so I keep working instead of cleaning.

Sharing the goals with others here.

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of goals. It's wonderful for you to reflect on past year as well as going forward. I think I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many people looking to reduce their WIP list in 2017, and Judy at Patchwork Times is hosting a UFO 2017 challenge that might be interesting to you (http://www.patchworktimes.com/ufo-2017/). I hope you have a wonderful 2017 and thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals and definitely achievable

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think 12 doodles is a great goal, that's 1 a month. 15 WIPs is amazing, 11 will be awe inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!