Monday, September 5, 2016

August recap

1. Wedding quilt. Finishing this is my goal for September.  As goals go, this one might be a bit hard to finish.  The quilt is on the frame. The beige is about half quilted and I just started the light grey, but I feel like it's taking a long time.  It took me about 1.5 weeks to do 2/3 of the beige part.  I thought it would be an easy quilting motif, but I think I'm doing more marking than expected.  There is also a computer game that recently had more content added to it, so I've been playing that a bit more in my evenings.


2. The bee hive quilt.  I took pictures...I just need to post them.  Slowly but surely is my motto with this one. (See, even the quilt is taking it easy and doesn't want to "work".)



3. Sunset wall hanging.   The binding is on the front and ready for hand binding during the next vacation I take.


4. Quilt nautical quilt.   I finished the ropes in the sashing and then took it off the frame for a bit.  I did bury a bunch of thread ends too.

5. Aunt's quilt. I have all the HSTs done.  They still need to be trimmed.  I had been planning on doing opposite sides of the color spectrum - blue with orange, pink with green, and purple with yellow - but I suddenly found myself with a bunch of yellow and blue HSTs.  They were made, cut in half, and I realized I really liked the blue and yellow together.  So I just put the other colors together as I wanted.  The pink and purple went nicely together, so that left orange and green together too.


Other items still waiting around.  I didn't add anything this month, although I've had a few ideas floating around in my head.  So far I've been resisting the temptation though.
6. Baby quilt (boy). 
7. bee hive scrap something.
8. scrap quilt #2.
9. Scrap quilt. 
10. Simply solids bee quilt.     
11. Rainbow log cabin.  
12. Orphan rocket block.  
13. Jeweled floors.  
14. Lost piece (almost whole cloth quilt).  
15. Winter quilt.  
16. fabric from Christmas.  
17. A pillow with green/purple fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with your goal Amanda. I like that you chose a challenging one and hope you can do it! The Bee Hive quilt looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!