Thursday, September 24, 2015

Quarter Square Triangles

My mother-in-law made this lovely quarter square triangle quilt.

I wanted to try adding a secondary pattern to the quilt.  So the triangles that go up and down got loops for quilting and then the side-to side triangles had some more interesting quilting.  I tied together the side-to-side QSTs from different blocks by making some frames in them.

This one is hard to see, but the color is closest to true.  The grey thread stood out on the back pretty well.

The next two pictures have been photo-shopped so that you can see the quilting better.  The frames cover two QSTs from different blocks.  Pebbles on the outside, an empty frame, some loops, an empty frame, and then swirls and pebbles on the inside.

On the borders I did stacked triangles (from Angela Walters) and then more loops.  My official reason for the last loopy border is that it helps tie everything together, but really, I just wanted to be done with the quilt.  I really enjoyed doing the ruler work and feel like I got a lot better at it with this quilt, but it takes a long time.

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!