Monday, June 8, 2015

Scrap quilt

So a long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away) I started a scrap quilt.  I couldn't decide on a layout, so I decided to just make long strips and mull over what I wanted to do.  I played around with several different layouts in the QDAD facebook group.


Then, suddenly, all the strips were made!

All those pretty colors.  The volume of all of them seemed quite different, so I unrolled them to get a better look.

But, there is one problem.  The strips are way, way bigger than I expected.  Below, the white backdrop is pretty long...probably a bit longer than a queen quilt.  I thought that green was going to be my biggest roll, but it just goes a bit past the far wall.  The blue roll goes to the far wall, back to the start, and then half way up the back drop again.  I was hoping that the longest one would be about the length of the yellow one. 


So now I need to decide...do I still go with one of the designs above and have left overs to make another quilt?  Do I start designing again to use most of the pieces, albeit in shorter strips?


And lastly, what leader-ender project do I work on now?

Questions, questions.

Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday and Scraptastic Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. Get creative! You can always use the extra's on the back of your quilt if you don't want to keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I'd make one with a white background and another with one of the darker neutrals just to see what a difference the background makes. Call it a color study! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your strips.Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like top row second from the left best! Maybe you have enough scraps to make them all? Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have ay answers for you- but I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful strips, love the happy colors.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!