Friday, May 15, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival: ROY G BIV

This past winter I started a quilt.  A rainbow quilt.  I've always loved rainbow quilts, but hadn't really ever done one.  (I did two more quickly after this one!)

The pattern is Metro Rings.  I had been planning to slowly work on it in between other projects, but it was just way too much fun!


It's one of my favorites.  And I love how the pictures came out: white rings and white snow separated by a rainbow border.


For quilting, I echoed the white arcs.  The "squares" have some orange peels along the diagonals and the rest is filled with pebbles.  The leaf shapes (or "rectangles") have a back and forth.

I made a pillow to go with it too, another first.  I hadn't read the instructions quite right and had a few left over pieces.

I'm adding this to the Bloggers' Quilt Festival!

5 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    This is beautiful! Your color placement is outstanding and the snowy background against the bright rainbow colors makes your quilt 'pop'. Lovely!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a beautiful MR rainbow quilt!!! I love your design, beautiful fabrics and great quilting :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt! I love the placement of the colours, and the way the binding echoes the colours in the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done a rainbow quilt OR a double wedding ring but this makes me want to do both immediately. Fantastic quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!