Monday, April 20, 2015

Orangy quilt

Aren't my quilt names great...orangy quilt.  How original...and there isn't even much orange in it.  Anyway, this was a quilt made by my mother-in-law.  I really, really like the colors on it, so when I had a break on the quilter from making baby quilts, I put this one on.

The fabric is from Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.  There are a bunch of big chrysanthemum looking flowers in it, and so I thought I'd try Flower Power from Angela Walter's book, which basically looks like chrysanthemums.


I love how it turned out.  It was fairly quick and easy, but mirrored the fabric so well.  I fully expect to be trying it again sometime.


Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. I think it's fair enough to call it the orangy quilt if you can't think of another name. At least you know which one you're thinking about. I haven't tried any FMQ so you're a braver person than me. Thank you for linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!