Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WIP Wednesday: treasure map

I haven't been as active on the blog (or just normal sewing for that matter) due to a baby boy coming!  (Expected Aug 1).  I recently hit the third trimester and can tell a marked improvement in how I feel...and therefore have started sewing again too.

Right now I'm working on the baby's quilt.  The nursery theme is going to be maps, so the quilt is a treasure map from Emily Cier's "Pixel Play".  I really liked the twin version better than the crib version, so I'm cutting all the measurements in half.  It makes for really small pieces (some 1" x 1" - including seam allowance), but I decided that if my points don't line up exactly I'd just be ok with that.


So far I'm on track to finish it by the time the baby comes...

Linking up with WIP Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on both the baby to be and the super cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing - I love map quilts this is a great one I hadn't seen yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow it looks incredible, totally love pixelated projects

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks adorable and congrats on Baby Boy #2! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, congratulations! And that quilt is going to be phenomenal. My boys would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the baby! The quilt looks fantastic, and what an awesome theme for a nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Maps" is such a cute idea for a baby boy! And the quilt is fantastic. Also, I laughed at you comment (earlier post) on the heart pantograph. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!