Thursday, November 7, 2013

Charming - finished

I made this baby blanket, Charming, for a couple that just had their first baby.  While I didn't quite get it to them before the baby arrived, it was there within a few days.

I used some charms that I had won from AppliqueAddict a while ago.  I added a few more blues.


The quilting is a normal stipple in light grey thread.  Not the most exciting, but I also feel as though I'm getting the flow of it down pretty well...there were a lot fewer sharp corners.

I bound it in black sateen.  I was really hoping for a dark grey, but that wasn't a color option.  Then the light grey and blue didn't have enough in stock in the store.  So I went on a limb and went with black.  It does make it rather dark, but I kind of like the effect.

Linking up with Whoop-whoop Friday Link A Finish Friday, and Finish it Up Friday

5 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt! The stipple was a good choice for quilting. It gives a nice soft look to the geometric design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from crazy mum quilts. I love this and I had not seen the pattern before. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love your color choices! Your background print almost looks like it is pebble quilted, it gives the quilt a great texture. Thank you so much for making a baby quilt version of Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute baby quilt.......love the quilting too! Thanks for sharing Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the black edging gives it a nice frame.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!