Friday, May 24, 2013

Simply Solids block - May

Here is my block for May...





I like it.  I had some trouble with the final seams though...I'm not sure what happened.  I thought everything was lined up and I sewed on the line, and then if I had cut the block on the 1/4" markings it would have been too small.  Luckily I had learned my lesson from last time and didn't trim the outside edges.  Unluckily there was still only place where I was about 1/4" under.  Since it was just a 1/4" and not more I added another little piece.  Maybe I should make sure the leader doesn't just want me to replace the whole piece...I just get so nervous taking apart paper pieced blocks.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful little block! Nice and bright colours, too!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colour play here is such fun. I love the primaries. Looks awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!