Saturday, May 25, 2013

More wavy lines

My mother-in-law asked me to quilt this quilt, and semi-quickly.  (At least, semi-quickly for me.)  I had just down the wavy lines on the last quilt and loved them.  So I did them again.  And I still love them.

I did wavy lines on each side of each edge.  The quilt has a slight water/Hawaiian feel to it, so the waves fit really well!

The only problem I had was with the back.  It is a (very cute) plaid, but I didn't stretch it quite correctly on the frame and I think one edge will be a little distorted.  So with this quilt I learned that it's really important to have enough extra to clamp on to, especially it there are straight lines on the back.

2 comments:

  1. I like the wavy quilting,it's simple yet effective.
    Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your wavy lines. I've never tried it before but may have to try it after seeing your quilt. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!