Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Hey, I'm finally joining in on a WIP Wednesday again.  It's been a while because most weeks I feel like you've just seen what I'm working on or I don't have any substaintial progress to report.  But this week will be a little more interesting!

To start with, Sarah's next quilt is on the quilter and getting meandering stars.  I was really nervous about the thread selection as it looked kind of green, but once it's on the quilt it doesn't look green - just nice.  I have one of six rows done and have a goal of getting one row done every two days.

I've also done the horizontal sashing for the heart quilt.  I love how this is turning out.  The problem is that they aren't all the same width though, so I'll need to do some creative vertical sashing.  I have a few ideas of how to do it floating around in my head, but if you've ever encountered something similar I'd love to hear your solution.

Linking up with WIP Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. Your meandering star quilting is awesome but those hearts are just incredible!!! Did you make the pattern yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I have blocks that do that I add fabric around them and square them up "wonky" so that my blocks tilt in different angles. Can't wait to see what you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with your heart quilt! I would do bright blue to make it pop :) Or a light gray would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meandering stars are cute and I really like the hearts quilt too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!