Saturday, December 15, 2012

Map quilting progress

I'm continuing quilting on the map quilt.  It has a ton of different types of spaces, so I've been trying several different quilting patterns.

This is the back with pebbles and city scape.   I like looking at the bottom and seeing the light come through the little holes.

And this is a portion of the top.  Again, the pebbles and city scape, but you can also see some  triangles, swirls, and back and forth.  So far I think the back and forth has been my favorite, but there was a nice grid to work with so that could be part of the reason.  (And again, I'm still working on getting good pictures of the quilting.  When these are large it's a lot easier to see...)

I'm planning on taking this off at the end of the weekend even though it won't be finished.  It's been fun though, so it'll get back on the frame soon!

Oh, and I finally joined a bee!  It was pretty close to what I was looking for, so I thought I'd give it a try.  If you're interested, you can see more info here: Simply Solids Bee

2 comments:

  1. What a neat picture from the bottom! I love how you've chosen differnt patterns for each section.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!