Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIP

Happy Wednesday!

1) I started a Tetris quilt-along at Happy Quilting.  This is my first quilt along and I'm sure excited about it.  It's been so cool to see the other blocks that people have posted so far.  Mine is a little different as I'm using a black background and keeping the various shapes the same color.  (I.e., the squares will always be dark blue.)

2) I started making red hearts for the heart quilt.

3) I am almost done quilting a baby quilt!  It's been super fun and has gone really fast.  I started it on...Saturday I think and have only done a little bit each day.  It is a FMQ with squares and rectangles.  My lines aren't perfectly straight, but overall I'm happy with it.

I'm joining WIP Wednesday.

9 comments:

  1. Great baby quilt! Love the colours and your quilting looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your idea for the Tetris block. So fun!!! And the solids look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I really love the baby quilt you're making. It looks so crisp and fun! It caught my eye right away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so fun seeing all these tetris blocks! I love the idea of a black background! The baby quilt is great, the colors are so fun! I love baby quilts with bright colors! Thanks so much for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the baby quilt. Your quilting looks great, and I really like the pattern. What is it?

    I like your tetris block! I like the more traditional tetris look. If I convince myself to join the QAL, I'll be going mine more like yours with solids and black in the background for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby quilt is coming along great! Love the colors and the quilting design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I realized too late that all of the shapes are the same color in the real Tetris and I love the black! I'll have to remember that for next time because I'm totally playing this again! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your block has a nice simplicity and strength to it. Appropriate for an engineer i think. I like the idea of using black and keeping the shapes the same color from block to block. I'm thinking about doing something similar but with more colors. Guess I'll decide once this week's shapes come and I play around a bit. My first QAL too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the baby quilt is beautiful! good luck with your first QAL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!