Friday, April 27, 2012

Quilt 13: clothesline

I put up a clothesline last week. Partially to help dry baby clothes (they take forever in the dryer!) and partially for my quilts.

Although it was nice and sunny this morning, it was almost too sunny. The nice background direction shows the quilt back through the front.


So here is the uglier direction.



I'm in the middle of quilting. It takes me forever to do the quilting and I have several more waiting in line. I'm also using white thread to quilt white triangles on the white pieces. But here's my question...I don't have enough colored thread to do all the little outside triangles. How should I quilt that area? Just the white triangles? Sometime else?


I'm linking up with Sarah's Whoop Whoop party on Friday, Quilting by The River on Tuesday, and WIP Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. Love the bright solids! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt, love the bright solids :) It's just as sunny as the day you had when taking the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun quilt! I think, based on the size, that you should be able to get away with just doing the white outside triangles. I always struggle with changing colors for the quilting. I have used a clear (nylon?) thread on many quilts, so I don't have to change colors... but I tend to have really frustrating tension issues with it that make me question why I didn't just use multiple colored threads instead. I'm sure whatever you pick will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda,

    I really love your blog and wanted to pass on the Liebster Award to you!

    The Award is for recipient's with less than 200 followers. It's intended to spark awareness and recognition for up and coming bloggers! Your blog is very deserving.

    If you go back to my blog you will see where you are featured. Best of luck!

    www.apassionatequilter.blogspot.com

    Oh, almost forgot to mention. You're supposed to pass the award on to five of your favorite bloggers with less than 200 followers! :)

    Take care,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful. I am a new follower. Congratulations on winning the Liebster Award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt and love the view! I have used a oatmeal Bottom Line thread that works well on different colored prints but I don't think it would work with solids. Possibly use a invisible thread, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! I second the invisible thread - but another thought is a light colored variegated thread. I just quilted something with tons of colors using a variegated light gray thread by Sulky. Good luck with whatever you end up choosing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!